Just finished watching Toradora! What next?

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I've been getting back into anime after a long hiatus and have been loving it. Just finished the current seasons of Beastars, and Kengan Ashura, and most recently Toradora! I absolutely loved toradora but now feel weirdly empty now that I've finished it. Do yall have any recommendations for other anime similar to Toradora!? I've been out of the loop and would love some suggestions!

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Watch "Ore Monogatari" and have your boots blown off

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre said:

Watch "Ore Monogatari" and have your boots blown off

Adding to my queue. Thanks!

sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely love Toradora! Just threw it in my queue for a rewatch! As for some suggestions:

1) School Rumble is a ton of fun and similar in a lot of ways to Toradora.

2) Lucky Star has a slightly slower-paced feel (at least? especially? at first) in a good way.

3) Nichijou (My Ordinary Life) bounces back and forth in my top 3 all-time anime list and has much more manic energy to it.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsouvannarath: my memory night be a little foggy but if you want to watch something that has the same feel and character dynamic as Toradora, I think "My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected" comes very close.

It has a good mix of comedy and slice of life.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sakesushi: I'm definitely gonna look for these as well. They should keep me busy for a bit. Now, to find somewhere to stream them. Thanks for the recs!

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merxworx01: This looks awesome. Definitely checking it out!

giantmidget999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My love story is a fun show about a big dude and his first girlfriend

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nicksmi56

If you were into the sad side of Toradora, Your Lie in April dutifully continues the sad romance tradition! If you're into the goofy/cute side, Master Teaser Takagi-San is adorable and always puts a smile on my face!

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

"Ore Monogatari" is a great suggestion

I would also suggest "Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai" and "Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san". They are both on crunchyroll, but the second season of Takagi-san is on netflix.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm loving these suggestions y'all. I will try to check out all of these. They seem to be what im looking for. Much appreciated!

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

My new favorite character

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@dsouvannarath: If you liked Toradora I would highly recommend checking out Anohana. It is an original television show created by the same writer, director and character designer that worked on Toradora. It is available on Netflix and a lot of other streaming services.

I would also recommend Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms which is a movie also written by the writer behind Toradora and Anohana.

They are all very good.

Picto_Obscure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toradora is great!

I'd recommend 'Kaguya-sama: Love Is War' if you want an outstanding rom-com.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: I just finished Ore Monogatari and it was such a feel good series. Thanks again for the recommendation! On to another series!

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dsouvannarath

@hermes: just finished Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai. I had to sub to Funimation to continue on to the second season lol. Loved it! I got mad cause there isnt a 3rd season yet so uh, it looks like Im reading the manga now!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Surprised no one brought up Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, it even dropped on Netflix several weeks back. I might also say Ouran High School Host Club. I tend to avoid harem-style shows now that I'm older but that one in particular holds up and is quite entertaining. People seem to like Baby Steps if you'd like a sports-centric rom-com though I still need to go back and finish it.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: Thanks! Adding monthly girls nozaki-kun to my list. I don't know if its me getting older and just the weird emotional state that ive been in due to you know, the world being on fire, but i've found comfort in getting back into anime, especially romance. Appreciate the suggestions!

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first season of Kimi ni Todoke is painfully uplifting. It is just a great feel good story. The second season isn't as great in my opinion, but it's there if you need more.

My Little Monster is also wonderful if you liked Toradora. There's a line in the first episode that might bother people, but it shows just how out of place socially said Monster is. I think My Little Monster would really appeal to people that liked Toradora.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bowl-of-lentils: welp, I watched all of anohana today and cried during most of it lol. Was wonderful though. I'm gonna check out the movie next and also Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms. Appreciate the recommendations!

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 25

Feel tempted to recommend Nisekoi, but that show had been on hiatus for 5 years now. I like the manga series it's based on a lot, give it a read.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 25

#23  Edited By infantpipoc

@dsouvannarath: Maquia was in theatres the same time as Allita Battle Angel where I reside last year. Boy, am I glad I watched the former on the big screen while streamed the latter much later.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsouvannarath: Maquia was in theatres the same time as Allita Battle Angel where I reside last time. Boy, am I glad I watched the former on the big screen while streamed the latter much later.

That's awesome. Can't wait to check out Macquia then. I'm also gonna look for the Nisekoi as well! Maybe the manga then

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

@dsouvannarath said:

@bowl-of-lentils: welp, I watched all of anohana today and cried during most of it lol. Was wonderful though. I'm gonna check out the movie next and also Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms. Appreciate the recommendations!

Very glad to hear you enjoyed it :) That series is definitely an emotional journey. I actually just saw the Anohana movie earlier this year. It is a nice little film but be prepared because it is basically a 2 hour recap of the TV series with a handful of new scenes.

Hope you enjoy Maquia when you get to it. I saw that film at my local theater and during the ending a guy behind me started crying uncontrollably. It was quite an experience.

naterfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It doesn't really have the romance component of Toradora, but if you want a feel good recent-ish show, Hitoribocchi was one of my highlights of the last few years.

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naterfb: Adding that to my queue! The plot seems up my alley! Thanks! Im excited to watch it

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... im making up for the near decade that i stopped watching anime

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naterfb: I can't state how much I really like that show. That, Chunibyo, Non Non Biyori and Laid Back Camp are some of my favorite light and relaxing shows.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

... im making up for the near decade that i stopped watching anime

It's not necessarily romance, but if you want an amazing comedy, can I please recommend "Cromartie High School". It's like, 24- 10 minute episodes about a delinquent school. You will laugh your ass off.

Plus you can watch subs or dubs, they're both terrific

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Devilman Crybaby, don't look up anything about it, just go in blind. You won't exactly feel like doing anything for the rest of the day, so be prepared for that.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wasn't really a fan of Toradora, but if you're looking for some other romance/comedies to check out that aren't too old. I'd suggest maybe checking out Kimi Ni Todoke, ReLife and a personal favorite Bokura Wa Minna Kawai-Sou.

geeelectronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

top 5 anime shows in no order

Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, Gungrave, Outlaw Star,Full Metal Alchemist

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@dsouvannarath: if you're still taking suggestions, try Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geeelectronica: Watched all of those except Baccono so i'll add that to my must watch list. Thanks!

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: I will not stop taking suggestions. Im on an anime watching spree. Thanks!

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordonkey: I will add devilman. I no nothing about it other than people realy like it. Thanks!

naterfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By naterfb

@dsouvannarath: Mostly just because it's on the forefront of my mind because I just caught up in the manga, but the show "Land of the Lustrous" (which is available on Prime I think) is a wonderful, beautiful, and frequently heartbreaking show. It's by the same studio that does Beastars so it's CG like that but I think it really works for the whimsical, almost ephemeral style that the setting utilizes. It was my pick for favorite show the year it came out (2017) and if you're ever feeling too happy the comic is still ongoing and boy has been a lot to handle (it's still great though).

dsouvannarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naterfb: Thanks! I'll add this to my list! It sounds pretty rad!