Videos on Home Page, Not in Videos

Paul_Tillich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, the latest unboxing videos do no appear when I click on videos and sort by latest or any other measure. I do see them on the home page in the carousel of latest videos, though. I have watched them, but this is clearly a bug and makes me paranoid about what else I might have missed in the past.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Paul_Tillich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I hope it is fixed soon. I am paying money to watch videos on this site. I now realized the recent "Breakfast n' Brad" stream was not appearing for me either. If I cannot locate these video videos through a simple list, and the only other place they can be found is the latest carousel that sends to the videos page after a few turns, I am effectively wasting my money on videos that are literally impossible to watch if I don't monitor that carousel constantly. @rorie (just calling out because this is really starting to annoy me and there was no response from a mod or anyone official yet)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Paul_Tillich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanted to give an update that when I looked at the site today my video player had changed to YouTube instead of the GB player. I thought that meant something might have changed behind the scenes, and that appears to be the case. The videos I referenced now appear when I look through the list of all videos. Other videos I did not even realize were missing are also now present. So it seems like my problem is fixed and I have lots of weekend viewing material now. Thanks!

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is completely fixed...for example the current latest GOTY video isn't showing up in "latest" but is showing up on the homepage.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@quantris: I think when I was browsing around earlier I noticed this as well, but I don't think it's a bug. I'm pretty sure when I looked I noticed that just the audio version of today's GotY was posted (video archive was still processing according to Jan in the comments), so the GotY recording was posted on the "Podcasts" section, but wasn't yet in "Latest" videos since there wasn't a video version available yet.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Quantris

@bisonhero: ah I see, yeah that is probably what happened then. I think I just assumed it was video because of how the front page puts a link to "latest" right under the featured spot.

EDIT: yup based on how I'm seeing the same thing with GOTY Day 4 it is indeed because the archive video isn't posted yet while the audio is. The more confusing aspect is that the front page still says "Watch now" obscuring this reality.