Does anyone remember the game development videos on Gamespot for a first person shooter?

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Hey folks,

So I've been recently watching NoClip's excellent Hades: Developing Hell series and was reminded of a game that Gamespot covered the development of at some point many years back. Part of me thinks I imagined this but another part is fairly certain they covered this game's development. It was some sort of first person shooter and it may have been set on Mars. I've been thinking about this game for a long time now but couldn't find any solid information or what happened to it. These were the days when Jeff and team will still very much a part of Gamespot and despite some lengthy research I can't seem to find any info related to it. Honestly there's a part of me that thinks I imaged it all, but I have some vivid memories of the games development being covered by Gamespot.

Does anyone remember these videos or am I slowly just going insane?

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By superslidetail

@machofantasticoHa! I was just thinking about this same thing the other day. They would release dev videos of it weekly or something and it just disappeared. I think it was called Black Powder:Red Earth or something like that. I wanted to write into the Bombcast and ask them about it but forgot.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By selbie
DutchElvis92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@selbie: Black Powder Red Earth later got rebooted into a more contemporary story about PMCs operating in the Middle East. They've put out a few graphic novel volumes and have a tactics game in early access on Steam.