Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil

Franchise »

Capcom's Resident Evil (or Biohazard in Japan) series continues to draw in players with its stories of hideous mutations and the pharmaceutical company Umbrella Inc. It is Capcom's best-selling franchise in terms of software sales.

Resident Evil 6 revealed?

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bobstar

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Rumor-Resident-Evil-6-Being-Announced-TGS-33735.html

So, apparrently Capcom had a private showing of Resident Evil at Comic-con, and besides the picture with the title, they also revealed a date:September 15th, which also is the date when Tokyo Game Show is happening.

No Caption Provided
    RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RoyCampbell

Just how much Resident Evil and Street Fighter can we handle?

Capcom delivers, even when we don't ask for it. (blanket statements woo)

Maybe Capcom will soon announce a line of merchandise for Resident Evil like they're doing with Street Fighter and Hello Kitty (not kidding).

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Malphye

Last I heard they were going to take a different direction with this one. While I don't actively hate 5 I really want to see whats in store or if they changed the formula.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Sooperspy

I hope they go back to being survival horror. Or at least have actual zombies!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Horly fuck... definitely excited to learn more if this turns up true. I just wanna how they're going to get themselves out of this corner they've completely locked themselves up in thanks to RE5. I'd be all for a reboot, though that would eliminate the need for the numbered title... If they had to carry it on I'd want them to resurface Nicholai Ginovaef somewhere, practically the only RE villain left. 

And then there's the gameplay. If they were to carry on with the current canon, then how Revelations is handling it is how I'd prefer they carry the series forward. But that wouldn't be considered a big enough jump for the series I imagine, so I'm at a loss as to how they will choose to carry it on. Long as it retains the atmosphere of what RE used to be about, then I could be willing to accept whatever.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By jkuc316
    Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bobstar
    jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By jkuc316
    @Bobstar said:

@jkuc316 said:

Duder! I just made a page for RE6 last night!

http://www.giantbomb.com/resident-evil-6/61-35974/
    Duder! I just seached for a RE6 page before making this thread and nothing came up!?
    Yeah I get that too, I don't know why

EDIT: It works on me now, perhaps thanks to @BombKareshi
    Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bobstar

I really didn't enjoy RE5 that much again, so the rumors about the series going back to it's roots, makes it that more exciting to me.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By Hector

I hope the bring the old look and feel of the original RE games.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BombKareshi
    @jkuc316 said:
    @Bobstar said:
    @jkuc316 said:
    Duder! I just made a page for RE6 last night!

http://www.giantbomb.com/resident-evil-6/61-35974/
    Duder! I just seached for a RE6 page before making this thread and nothing came up!?
    Yeah I get that too, I don't know why
    I just did a ghost edit of the page – that's fixed the problem for me before, but alas, no dice this time.
    SpaceKangaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#12  Edited By SpaceKangaroo

WEWP

News I want:

• No more Las Plagas enemies(at least the main focus)
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic

too many resident evils coming out

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FilipHolm

If they've come this far in the story, why would they suddenly go back to original zombies? I'm sure they'll be there occationaly, but still

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quacktastic

Since they went away from zombies, everyone else made a ton of zombie games - even if they went back it would still feel played out.  They need to shake RE up.

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RichMeisterMan
    @RoyCampbell said:
    Just how much Resident Evil and Street Fighter can we handle?  Capcom delivers, even when we don't ask for it. (blanket statements woo) Maybe Capcom will soon announce a line of merchandise for Resident Evil like they're doing with Street Fighter and Hello Kitty (not kidding).
    It's not Resident Evil 5 Superduper Ultimate of Ultimates Hyper edition, and obviously there's more of a market for this than say...Mega Man Legends 3 (TROLOLOLOLOL!!!!). I really like Resident Evil and considering the 5th game was over all pretty disappointing for me I am pretty excited to see what they can do with series as far as going back to its roots.  Some of the best times I ever had playing games was playing 2 and 3 on the PSX so hopefully they go back that way.

Personally this is what I think needs to be done...

• Drop co-op as a part of the main game. - It's hard for a game to be scary when the whole thing is done with a partner.  If you want co-op keep it in mercenaries or create a mini campaign separate from the main game.
      • Get rid of the mission system. - the constant checkpoints and ability to go back to previous levels to grind for currency and ammo I think served as a crutch for the gamers but even more so for the developers as they didn't have to worry about a progressive balance because if something was too hard you just went back and grinded through a few levels.
      • Limit ammo to at least a degree. - the franchise has turned into an action game.  I actually don't think Resident Evil 4 and 5 should have been called Resident Evil. 4 was more loyal to the original games than 5, but it definitely was headed in the wrong direction.  And when I say wrong direction I mean as far as survival horror goes.  RE4 was a kick ass game and to say otherwise is downright ridiculous.
      • Give the player more of an overall sense of helplessness. -  The constant radio chatter and helicopter support in RE5 was really lame and I think the environments were too large.  Make things more claustrophobic, dark, create more tension.  I remember in the earlier games just going into a new room was a bit nerve racking, and getting to a new save room would cause this sense of relief to wash over you. I want that again. I think for this to happen they need to drop the, "We gotta stop Umbrella!" bullshit.  I don't want to play as a member of an assault team specializing in fighting B.O.W. put me in control of someone that isn't totally in the know and make escaping the largest priority. If I am going to fight as the member of some special ops team at least cut them off from HQ and team members.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By kingzetta

cool I loved RE5, so I can't wait.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Moztacular

Kind of excited for this... I'm a massive RE fan but RE5 certainly wrapped things up story-wise to the point that I don't see any way they (capcom) could "go back to the old days" of zombies+cool creatures+raccoon city and give fans a reason to be excited. The game that the socom guys are working on is probably more likely to satiate us old fans despite that games third person action focus, simply because it's set during RE 2 and 3 everyone's favorite time ;p. @Abyssfull: Is it canonical that Nicholai is still alive? He could die in one of the endings of RE3, and of course he could also escape which would be interesting if he showed back up. I'm not trying to start a debate about it I'm just curious if they'd be able to consider him for a villain.

In any event, what if any characters from RE canon are you all hoping to see return or put in an appearance in RE6? Are we done with Chris and Jill for good? Should they have cameos? Personally I want Claire back in the mix and of course everyone's favorite one-liner king Barry Burton.

Avatar image for dancingpolkabear
    dancingpolkabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By dancingpolkabear

Cool, I guess. I love RE4, but I really hope they don't make it again like they did with Resident Evil 5 for this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.