Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Swapper

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released May 30, 2013

A 2D indie puzzle platformer developed by Facepalm Games. It explores the concept of identity; the fuzzy line between mind and body. The player controls an astronaut with a mysterious device called The Swapper which allows them to make clones and swap between them.

Great atmosphere and fun!

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

steam sale ... what a great buy.

The atmosphere is incredibly well executed. gfx style, sounds, post processing effects, it all works really well. And great puzzles. Actually pretty tough puzzles, for me anyway. It's lovely to have a tough puzzle game I can throw a 20 minute early morning Sat. coffee at and have a great time.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By csl316

I keep wanting to get this, but then I keep forgetting about it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

@csl316: It's super awesome. Remember how original Star Wars was cool because I'm pretty sure a lot of the ships were based on weird things of the day like stereo components and other kinda real-looking odds and ends? (I swear I remember that being true, but it's been a long time since I watched that Making of Star Wars documentary)

I bring that up because The Swapper's objects and backgrounds are also somehow modeled after real objects and claymation, and basically REAL LIFE shit, and it gives it a certain earthy believability, which is always cool in sci-fi, as much as I occasionally like the Star Trek/Mass Effect "everything is sleek and full of lens flares". The Swapper also has super good lighting and sound design, and it's by far my favourite "eerily empty spaceship/spacestation" thanks to how well those things all come together. The puzzles gets quite tricky by the end, but are never needlessly way too big to keep track of (which you could easily imagine happening with the cloning mechanic).

The game is just crazy good, and I can't recommend it enough. Also, if you play it, use a guide to look up the super hidden text logs (each one is an achievement), because they're stupidly hard to find and actually reveal a decent (though not required) chunk of the backstory.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The Swapper kicks ass. They wrap the themes of the game around the mechanics really well and there's a good little story weaved through it. It really took me by surprise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.