Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

APB Reloaded

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Better known as the free-to-play "APB: Reloaded", APB is a MMO third-person shooter by the developers of Crackdown. Players choose between the hard-boiled law enforcers or the feared criminals as they try to stop the opposing faction's objectives.

Quiet

Innovacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Innovacious

Kinda quiet in here, (although i guess game specific forums are never really that busy here unless its a massive title). Starting to look similar in game aswell though. Always seeing the same old faces ingame, seems like they arnt hitting the numbers they would have hoped with this. Im still enjoying it though (of course), and i often prefer smaller communities to large ones where "all in all you're just another brick in the wall" if i may be so bold to quote pink floyd, but i may have to start questioning how low the player base is going to get before it isnt financially viable to run anymore.

They are being rather slow with patches aswell, they have a board so we can keep uptodate with that they WANT to do, but they seem to be taking their time actually doing it, im not too bothered, but i think its driving people away.

So, who here is still playing/enjoying?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will (along with many other people, I expect) start playing when they 86 the subscription fee.  I do truly believe that will happen, because they certainly aren't hitting the numbers they want. 

I do want to buy the game, though, despite its problems.  But it's certainly not worth its subscription fees...it's not even an mmo.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " I will (along with many other people, I expect) start playing when they 86 the subscription fee.  I do truly believe that will happen, because they certainly aren't hitting the numbers they want.  I do want to buy the game, though, despite its problems.  But it's certainly not worth its subscription fees...it's not even an mmo. "
    But if they're not hitting the numbers they want, then why would they give up more money by dropping the fee? 

Sure it could draw more people in, but those new people wouldn't be making them any extra money.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJWeatherman:  
    People buying the game wouldn't make them money?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @InfamousBIG said:

" I will (along with many other people, I expect) start playing when they 86 the subscription fee.  I do truly believe that will happen, because they certainly aren't hitting the numbers they want.  I do want to buy the game, though, despite its problems.  But it's certainly not worth its subscription fees...it's not even an mmo. "

@JJWeatherman said:

" @InfamousBIG said:

But if they're not hitting the numbers they want, then why would they give up more money by dropping the fee?  Sure it could draw more people in, but those new people wouldn't be making them any extra money. "
    They started with a free game. Then relized" O SHIT we went past our budget" So they picked to charge people to play. THEN they tossed in ingame advertising on their voice chats. 

Think about it..do you think they let people play for free?  

@InfamousBIG said:
    " @JJWeatherman:  People buying the game wouldn't make them money? "
    A one time purchase wont cover server fees and other costs to keep the game going. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man:  
    It's so fucked up that I don't know if I want to think about it. 

Let me put it this way: 
    No subscription fee, I buy. 
    Subscription fee?  Not on my radar.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @InfamousBIG said:
    Well sure it would, but a 1-time fee would seemingly not lead to increased profits. 

Their best bet is to keep updating the game and advertising the upgrades somehow to raise awareness.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @InfamousBIG said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  It's so fucked up that I don't know if I want to think about it.  Let me put it this way: No subscription fee, I buy. Subscription fee?  Not on my radar. "
    They can not afford not to charge people to play. This game will most likely die. Not because of "WoW" being its compilation. But because of the decisions made in the game. 
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mariek430
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Was just curious as I couldnt tell in the quick look. Is the only form of chat in the game voice chat? seems like ingame voice ads would be quite annoying.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Mariek430 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  Was just curious as I couldnt tell in the quick look. Is the only form of chat in the game voice chat? seems like ingame voice ads would be quite annoying. "
    There is typing.  

However having ads in your voice chat is a dick move. And further points to they are having issues supporting their own game. 
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mariek430
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Seems more and more games are going the way of ingame voice chat ads. I would think most people who play with friends use vent. But having some asshole tell you about the great taste of Dr Pepper through the speakers might be pretty stupid.
    Innovacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Innovacious

No Caption Provided
      NEVER heard an ad, use mumble to voice chat. I do have the ingame voice chat turned on, incase a random says something important, so i dont know why i dont hear them. I also have half the server on my ignore list though because they dont realise their mic is on and dont read chat... I do see the suicidegirls posters around of course, but it hardly has the impact of a voice ad anywho.
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shadowsquire
    @innovacious: Yea I've been playing for an accumulated 40 hours now and have yet to hear an ad, let alone even notice one.
    MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MysteriousFawx
    @InfamousBIG said:
    I've been reading the APB forums constantly, there are so many players who use thier original gametime and simply stop, saying the same thing. Until the game goes the same way as guild wars, buy to play, its screwed.

They can still turn a profit on the game itself by keeping RTW points as a form of currency, sales of points would greatly decrease I'm sure, but when someone posts a car with a naked woman on the hood for 500 RTW points and you just have to have it, chances are you'll take the dive and pay.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By AgentJ

I decided that upgrading my PC for one or two games wasn't worth it, so even though I was really looking forward to this now I'm just really looking forward to them porting it to 360/ps3

SgtMustang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SgtMustang

I've bought 40 hours of gametime from just selling 3 duplicates of the same car I made, it's not that hard to play the market if your good at designing stuff.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @InfamousBIG said:
    It's a business thing where current customers are almost always more profitable than new customers. However, they really need to do something to keep those customers if they wanna stay in business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.