Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 76

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A spin-off of the post-apocalyptic Fallout series, bringing the series' traditional role-playing shooter mechanics to an always-online multiplayer world in 22nd-century Appalachia.

This new BETA feedback report has me all agog

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

I haven't played the beta yet, but some of the stuff they're saying here is making me pretty confident that I won't be picking it up anytime soon on PC:

• Ultra-Wide Support: We will support 21:9 post launch. Once available, or shortly before, we’ll be sure to post our patch notes that let you know when to expect it.
    • Larger Stash Size: We’ve seen this one come up a lot and understand the frustration. While the Stash size at 400 weight limit can get easier to deal with over time, we do plan on increasing it in the future.
    • Push-to-Talk: While we aim to create a consistent experience no matter what platform you’re on, we understand that some of you on PC would like the option for Push-to-Talk. Our goal with voice chat being on by default is to highlight that the world is alive with real people, other players like you. We like to start with encouraging player interaction and will look into adding this in the future.
    • FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen. You do have the option to zoom out in third person on PC by holding View and moving the mousewheel, but we won’t be able to have it for first person view.
    • Exploits of Various Types: Many exploits we’ve seen reported have been known and will be addressed in a future update.
    • Issues with social menu and inviting friends/making teams/etc.: Those who were experiencing issues with the social components will find that many of these issues have been fixed. We will continue to fix issues as they arise as fast as we’re able to, so keep letting us know when you run into them.
    • Hunger not being sated: Some were saying their “Hunger bar” wouldn’t replenish no matter how much they ate or how cleared of diseases they were. This issue has been addressed and will be in a future update so no more hungry dwellers.
    • Loud Gunshot/Noises: The issue of players hearing sudden random gunshot/loud sounds around Appalachia will be addressed in a future update near launch.

It was kind of baffling that FO4 didn't have 21:9 support when it came out considering how many games from the last five-ten years have supported it fine; the fact that they're not going to support it right off the bat with 76 is kind of insane. And shutting down the requests for PTT is also pretty amazing; we've all had to deal with people who don't know how loud their mics are. PTT should be the default on PC, not something they might add later. Consider me very curious about how this will be received on PC!

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

The lack of clientside file/setting checks is the instant redflag for me. If they didn't consider that when building the PC version of this game, then I can't imagine what else they're forgetting/ignoring for the PC version.

That being said, I was never that interested in the game in the first place, so I can't say I'm too bummed out. With all the stuff you posted, plus the client-side check issues, I feel bad for the PC-only folks that were looking forward to this game though :|

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I don't know why but a lot of multiplayer games have their microphone on by default and you have to spent half an hour trying to find how to turn it off because it's integrated in to the game, I don't remember what game it was but I remember turning every mic option off in-game and people could still hear me for whatever reason, me and a friend had to resort to just mute each other in-game because it kept looping the game mic and discord.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

How out of touch with PC gaming do you have to be to think push-to-talk is optional?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's totally possible to design around variable first person FOV's, to fully support the option, with so many different sizes of monitors and resolutions it's a must have feature in 2018, even on consoles.
    To not support it is a real problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.