Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 13, 2006

Persona 3 is the fourth main entry in the Persona series. Introducing the "Social Link" system and removing several Shin Megami Tensei staples including the post-apocalyptic setting, Persona 3 greatly expanded the popularity of the series, particularly in the west. It also established the balance of traditional role-playing combat and social simulation that would define the series going forward.

Persona 3 Movie #1 Update

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

The official website for the P3 movie's been updated today since today's a full moon.

We know the first part of the movie's going to be released on November 23rd in Japan and the website includes some character profiles/designs.

There's also a new trailer:

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Super excited for this. So far it looks like they are staying faithful to the game.

Did Aniplex make the P4 movie? How was it regarded?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

lol, that poster says mement mori.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bane122

I'm still bummed this one didn't get a series like 4, I hope they adapt it well with the shorter run time.

It's interesting they call the main character Makoto Yuki, I thought his name was Minato Arisato

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@bane122 said:

I'm still bummed this one didn't get a series like 4, I hope they adapt it well with the shorter run time.

It's interesting they call the main character Makoto Yuki, I thought his name was Minato Arisato

yeah well lots of people thought Yu Narukami was supposed to be called souji seta (or is it seta souji I can never remember).

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@animasta said:

@bane122 said:

yeah well lots of people thought Yu Narukami was supposed to be called souji seta (or is it seta souji I can never remember).

Do note that this is only Movie #1 and they haven't confirmed how many there'll be. Also, fuck the studio doing this and fuck the supervising director (yes, I'm salty).

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@bane122 said:

I thought his name was Brooklyn Rage.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's nice to see what the evokers get used get animated

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty, so I guess that's one thing. Assuming it'll be like 3 or 4 parts, it should be an interesting take on the P3 story. Ignoring social links and things like that, I can still see some difficulties covering all of the, uh, major events while creating time for character development and such.

I'll remain optimistic, but I look forward to the "Hardcore Fans" shitting on it for the most asinine reasons possible.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Ken?! What about Koromaru?! As long as Fuuka gets some screen time, I'm ok with them cutting Ken.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@coafi said:

No Ken?! What about Koromaru?! As long as Fuuka gets some screen time, I'm ok with them cutting Ken.

Ken isn't cut, he probably just isn't in the first movie. (or not worth the trailer screentime)

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Looking good, a pity it (and P4 The Animation) won't have any Love Interest stuff in it.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Mitsuru doesn't get 60 minutes screen time I am not interested.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That trailer had better animation than anything in the Persona 4 anime.

@flstyle said:

Looking good, a pity it (and P4 The Animation) won't have any Love Interest stuff in it.

Considering Yukari being in love with the MC is kinda plot relevant for FES, there's a chance they'll include it

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Can't wait!

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

It's to be expected. Spreading out funds over the course of a 26 episode anime takes a toll on the animation quality and stuff. A movie, on the other hand, is much more condensed.

Zeeco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I''m glad their doing it in parts. I really don't think they could pull it all off in one movie.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

@bocam said:

It's to be expected. Spreading out funds over the course of a 26 episode anime takes a toll on the animation quality and stuff. A movie, on the other hand, is much more condensed.

I'd like to think it's Akiko Asaki finally exploding and going "Come on, you guys. We have to do something at least DECENT with this property!"

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By smcn

I imagine most of the social link stuff is going to be cut entirely, which is fine because it's really not as good as 4. Persona 4: The Animation is fucking great (although I'm much more lenient towards adaptations than most people), and listening to the Japanese cast & crew commentary on the DVDs you can tell they cared a lot about the source material. I hope the same can be said about this. Same studio & one of the writers from P4:TA but different director so who knows.

Interesting that they're reusing Igor's voice from the game for the Japanese version like they did for 4 (the VA who originally voiced him died in 2010), though assuming Persona 5 has been in the works for awhile now wouldn't they have a new VA already? Maybe Persona 5 has Igor passing the torch?

@flstyle said:

I'm glad they left it out of 4 since it's actually optional in the game as opposed to 3 where every female S-Link ends in >boning, but The Answer heavily implies Yukari as the "canon" relationship in P3:FES so it could happen.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cloudenvy

@smcn: Seiji Kishi who was the director on P4A is still supervising director on all the movies, if that makes you feel any better!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.