Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 06, 2004

With the Jedi nearly extinct, the galaxy is on the verge of falling into complete anarchy. As an exiled Jedi Knight regaining the Force, you must choose your path: help restore the Jedi Order, or embrace the dark side.

Sith Lords Restoration Project

luffylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By luffylol

It is no secret that KOTOR 2 came out with a ton of cut content. Looking through the game files on the PC version after release, players found hidden scenes and sound files revealing alternative endings, missions and even entire planets!

Since then, some players have begun to try and restore this cut content and put it in the game, since the developers did not made it for their final deadline. A trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjTw8qexs8c&feature=related

website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjTw8qexs8c&feature=related

I am looking forward to it! KOTOR 2 was a good game, with an unusual short development time. Had the time only gotten 6 months more, I am sure it could have been better than KOTOR 1. In ways, it is even better. It just needed that bit more, that was planned for it!

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gunner

Are they STILL working on it? Must be a complicated project.

luffylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By luffylol

Yeah, if it was not that hard, I think Obsidian would have concluded it themselves. There is alot of work to do, I think.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

This is a community project to restore cut content from the game so its to be expected it would take awhile for them to get it finished. And as for Obsidian not including it well i believe you have Lucasarts to blame for that, their timeframe for release was pretty small and its widely known they pushed Obsidian to rush the game.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By atejas

The part I'm looking forward to is that planet that got cut? The one run entirely by mining droids?
    Of course, VA is going to be kind of iffy.

Kloreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kloreep

I don't believe they're adding the droid planet back in; it had very little writing done for it, at least from what has been found in the game files. They're primarily restoring things which were mostly complete in writing, but hadn't had the proper game scripting and graphical work done. Even just that is a lot of content, though.

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
    LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

An interesting project to say the least.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Megalon

Here's the link to the actual site (TC posted the youtube video link twice):

http://www.team-gizka.org/

I'm hella looking forward to it being done, I've been wanting a reason to replay this game again.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By giyanks22

my bro is playing kotor 2 right now.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Is anyone here on Giant Bomb in the beta that the restoration project has going on right now?  I was just wondering how this was turning out.  I'm thinking of getting KotoR II on my PC to play this if it fixes the game when it's released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.